Q: How do I clean my ceramic filter?
It’s easy!! BUT never use any chemicals or pads with detergents. Follow the steps below and you’ll be good to go.
- Turn off the water supply to the system.
- Open the dedicated tap until no water comes out.
- Remove ceramic filter from its housing (the housing is twisted clockwise like a light bulb).
- Cover the hole located at the top of the filter so that the untreated water doesn’t enter.
- Using a soft tooth brush or scouring pad clean the outside of the filter.
- Return filter to it’s housing & make sure the filter’s exit port is pointing up.
Q: What are the benefits of having an under the sink water filter?
There are a wealth of benefits with having an under the sink water filter. Some of these include:
- You have access to clean filtered water with no chlorine, bad taste or odour.
- No more carrying heavy water bottles into your own home.
- No more plastic water bottles in the environment.
Q: How can I find out what is in my water?
Contact our service department at 604-947-2950 and ask for a complete and independent analysis of your water.
Q: Can you service a softener that I bought somewhere else?
Absolutely! As long as we have access to parts for that brand, we can service anyone’s equipment.
Q: What is the warranty on the products you sell?
The warranty provided on our products is that of the manufacturer, and so it depends on which product you are asking about. Most products are minimum one year; most pumps are from two to five years; our repair work is guaranteed 30 days; filter controls are five years and filter tanks carry a ten year warranty. If you are interested in warranty information on a specific product, please call our office at 604-947-2950. We sell quality products that we have been trusting for years, so we do not feel the need to sell “extended” warranties. We also do not sell products that carry a “lifetime” warranty and advise you to “read the fine print” on those that do.
Q: Do you offer free water testing?
Yes, but only for pools, hot tubs and for certain parameters in
drinking water. We are sanctioned with the Bowen Island Municipality to provide potable water certificates for Occupancy Permits, Mortgage Applications, and other legal applications requiring Certified Water Analysis. We use certified labs to analyze the water for you. We can interpret the results and provide guidance as to whether water treatment is necessary or not.